I'm wrapping my planning conference here in the Middle East. The trip here was pretty painful, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to head out here. This was an eye opening experience. I must say I was extremely pleasantly surprised by how friendly everyone I met here was, especially the military guys I interfaced with throughout. Granted, this is one of the more liberal countries in the region, but I'm lucky to have had the chance to come here and meet these people. Tomorrow evening I'm heading back to link up with my unit. Not really looking forward to going back to the boat, but it'll be good to go back to the normal routine of planning and flying. If you've sent any emails my brian.hensarling@boxer.usmc.mil address, I apologize, because I have no way to check that email address when I'm not on the boat. If you want, you can shoot me an email at bhensarl@hotmail.com. Enjoy my pictorial recap of my trip!
Picture 1: Me and my new best friend. Actually, he didn't like me much.
Picture 2: My new best friend's friends.
Picture 3: Me in the nearest souk
Picture 4: Downtown from my room
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I'm not sure that I should show this to Dad. He may want you to send a camel to him. Keep those pictures and stories coming. They are great. Love- ES
7 comments:
I'm not sure that I should show this to Dad. He may want you to send a camel to him. Keep those pictures and stories coming. They are great.
Love- ES
What country are you in? UAE or Qatar?
Gordo, it's super secret so I can't say. OpSec, baby!
es, I wish I could bring him a camel! I'd love to see him ride one around the farm.
Dad wants a pair. (of camels) We could take them to the Omak Stampede and run them in the Suicide Race.
My humps, my humps, my lovely camel humps...
heheh.
Nice one, Hoag. ;) Sadly these were Dromedary camels; if they were Bactrian they'd have twice as many "humps".
Post a Comment