
Sooooo, my goal is to use this blog to keep everyone up to date with how my deployment's going, so here goes.
We hopped on the boat a few weeks ago and went straight to Hawaii. Luckily, I found out on the way that I'd be going to the Middle East for a planning conference following Hawaii, so Jen and I took advantage of a good situation and bought her a ticket to come out and visit! We did some training on "The Big Island", then did our own little island hopping campaign flying up the islands on the way up to Oahu and Honolulu. When the boat finally came in to port, I met up with Jen who had flown in to meet me (I ended up being a day late, thank you very much boat!). We had a great little mini-vacation, and then we flew on the same flight from Hawaii to LAX. From LAX we had yet another teary goodbye, and then I flew to London. Once I arrived in London, I decided to see if Bill, my host-dad from when I studied abroad, was around. Luckily for me, he was, and since I had an 8 hour layover, he picked me up and we went out for lunch and a few pints. I had pigeon breast as an appetizer (it was actually really good, but I ordered it mostly for the story value) and fish and chips to go along with my ale. So very British and satisfying. Later that evening I hopped on another jumbo jet, and now I'm here in the Middle East. The planning conference starts tomorrow, so today I'm just relaxing, catching up on reading the news, I'm going to hit the gym, but most important of all, I'm going to catch up on sleep (I've slept about 2 total hours in the last 38). More to follow.
2 comments:
Looking forward to the updates - stay safe out there and we'll be excited to have you back stateside in August!!
Well you're still busy traveling the world. Gees-- Its good to hear from you & glad all is going well. Dads gone hunting this weekend but I will share this with him when he gets back. Take Care-Stay safe and as Hoag said we're all looking forward to August.
Love you-
Post a Comment